Mendeley is a desktop and web program to manage and share research papers, discover research data and collaborate online. It combines Mendeley Desktop, a PDF and reference management application. Mendeley requires the user to store all basic citation data on its servers—storing copies of documents is at the user’s discretion. Upon registration, Mendeley provides the user with 2 GB of free web storage space, which is upgradeable at a cost.
- Automatic extraction of metadata from PDF papers.
- Back-up and synchronization across multiple computers and with a private online account.
- PDF viewer with sticky notes, text highlighting and full-screen reading.
- Full-text search across papers.
- Smart filtering, tagging and automatic PDF file renaming.
- Citations and bibliographies in Microsoft Word, OpenOffice.org, and LibreOffice.
- Import of documents and research papers from external websites (e.g., PubMed, Google Scholar, Arxiv) via browser bookmarklet.
- BibTeX export/file sync.
- Private groups to collaboratively tag and annotate research papers.
- Public groups to share reading lists.
- Social networking features (newsfeeds, comments, profile pages, etc.).
- Usage-based readership statistics about papers, authors and publications.
Download: Mendeley Desktop Mac 1.19.5