The Battle for Wesnoth is an open source, turn-based strategy game with a high fantasy theme. It features both singleplayer and online/hotseat multiplayer combat.
Explore the world of Wesnoth and take part in its many adventures! Embark on a desperate quest to reclaim your rightful throne… Flee the Lich Lords to a new home across the sea… Delve into the darkest depths of the earth to craft a jewel of fire itself… Defend your kingdom against the ravaging hordes of a foul necromancer… Or lead a straggly band of survivors across the blazing sands to confront an unseen evil.
- Units hand-animated in a vibrant pixel art style, with semi-realistic portraits used for dialog.
- 17 singleplayer campaigns and 55 multiplayer maps to choose from.
- Over 200 unit types in seven major factions, all with distinctive abilities, weapons and spells.
- Face off against other players over the Internet, or challenge your friends over a private/local network or hot-seat.
- Translated into over 30 different languages.
- Highly moddable engine combining WML and Lua scripting
- Tons of player-made content available from the official add-ons server: new campaigns, factions, and multiplayer maps with new and unique mechanics and artwork.
- Cross-platform compatible with Microsoft Windows, Apple macOS, and GNU/Linux.
Download: Battle for Wesnoth 1.14.9