MuseScore is a free scorewriter which supports a wide variety of file formats and input methods.
MuseScore lets you notate and compose music easily with your keyboard, your mouse or a MIDI keyboard in a “What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get” environment. It supports unlimited staves, linked parts and part extraction, tablature, MIDI input, percussion notation, cross-staff beaming, automatic transposition, lyrics (multiple verses), fretboard diagrams, and in general everything commonly used in sheet music. You can print the beautifully engraved sheet music or save it as PDF or PNG. You can play your score, transpose it, and save it as audio or MIDI file. MuseScore also supports MusicXML to let you share your composition with other scorewriters. MuseScore for Mac is free and open source.
- WYSIWYG, notes are entered on a “virtual note sheet”
- Unlimited number of staves
- Up to four voices per staff
- Easy and fast note entry with mouse, keyboard or MIDI
- Audio playback of the score
- Import and export of MusicXML and standard MIDI files
Download: MuseScore 2.2.1 for macOS (macOS 10.7 or higher)